29.10.07

ja sóc aquí

Doncs sí, ja he tornat.
Ara m'han tornat les ganes de fer blog.


i començem amb teca de la bona...

la Byatt comentant sobre la sylvia plath...
hilarant.



Byatt knew Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath there, and has a typically opinionated view of Plath: "I'm automatically on his side about Sylvia Plath. When I knew her, it was during her most writing-for-Mademoiselle-ish days, and she had bobby socks and totally artificial bright red lips and totally artificial bright blond hair, and I remember her as a made-up creature with no central reality to her at all, always uttering advice like a woman's magazine advice column. She wrote beautiful words, but there wasn't anybody inside there. I'm sure he behaved very badly, but I regard it as automatic that anyone married to Sylvia Plath would have to find someone else in the end, because I don't think she was a complete person -- you can see that in the letters home. She is a major poet . . . don't get me wrong, but I didn't know she could write like she could write. She didn't show any sign of that at Cambridge. She just seemed silly." For Byatt, it's amusing that crusading feminists should want to claim Plath as one of them.